Innovations in ASM Supply Chains during COVID-19
Presentation slide deck from Delve COVID-ASM Working Group call on July 16, 2021.
Three groups were featured [Empowerment Works and Diamonds for Peace (Liberia), University of São Paulo Centre for Responsible Mining- NAP.Mineração (Brazil) and Sebastian Pennes (Central African Republic)] sharing about their experience implementing and researching innovations in ASM supply chains to respond to the pandemic’s impacts.
This call was a part of a series to highlight organizations and response activities that are working to support artisanal and small-scale mining communities impacted by the pandemic. Response activities are funded by the World Bank’s Extractives Global Programmatic Support (EGPS) Multi-Donor Trust Fund through the Emergency Support Window for ASM Communities impacted by COVID-19.
- , Professor Giorgio De Tomi, Sebastian Pennes, C Murakami, G de Tomi, S Pennes
- Publication Year
- Associated Partners
- Empowerment Works, Diamonds for Peace, University of São Paulo Centre for Responsible Mining- NAP.Mineração
- Data Source Classification
- Conference Presentation
- Research Type
- Research Methodology
- Primary - INTERVIEW, Primary - OBSERVATION
- Thematic Tags
- Political, Formalization, Governance, Supply Chains, Social, Community, Employment, Gender, Health and Safety, Labor and Working Conditions, Livelihoods, COVID-19
- Diamond, Gemstones, Gold
- Latin America & Caribbean, Sub-Saharan Africa
- Brazil, Burkina Faso, Central African Republic, Liberia, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, Zambia
- Last Updated
- July 19, 2021